Our E-Communication Policy
Outpatient Anesthesia Services (OAS) would like to give you the option to communicate with your doctors, other healthcare providers (such as nurses or anesthesia providers), and administrative services by electronic mail (email) and/or Text Messaging (text).
Sending private patient information by email or text, however, has a number of risks that you should think about.
Risks of Email and Text Messaging:
- Email and text may be instantly sent worldwide and be received by many intended and unintended recipients.
- Those who get email or text can pass on messages to anyone without the original sender’s permission or knowledge.
- Users can easily misaddress an email or misdial a text.
- Backup copies of email may exist even after the sender or the recipient has erased their copy. All emails will be kept in your medical record. This means that all people who have access to the medical record will be able to see the emails.
- You should not use your employer’s email system to send or receive private medical information. If you choose to send or receive an email from your workplace, there is a chance your employer could read the message.
- Email messages may not be answered on the same business day. We will make an effort to read and respond to email as soon as possible, but we cannot guarantee that any email message will be answered within any set period of time.
- Texts can appear on your smart phone as a pop-up message and may be seen by an unintended party.
- Never use email in an urgent situation or in an emergency.
How Outpatient Anesthesia Services may use E-Communication with You:
OAS makes every effort to communicate clearly and completely while, at the same time, minimizing the amount of information sent via email or texts. For this reason, OAS will e-communicate with you in the following ways:
- Send Appointment Reminders/Confirmations via Email or Text
- Send Educational Materials/Videos Regarding Your Procedure via Email or Text
- Allow you to Cancel or Reschedule Appointments via Email or Text
- Send Patient Satisfaction Surveys and/or Referral Requests
Conditions for the Use of Email
If you agree to the use of email, you agree to the following rules:
- Your message should be short. If you feel your message is too long for an email, you may wish to call our office or schedule an appointment.
- Please write the topic of your email in the subject line.
- Please write your name and patient identification number, if known, in the message.
It is the policy of OAS to make all email messages sent or received that are about medical treatment a part of your medical record. We will treat such email messages with the same amount of confidentiality as other portions of the medical record. We will make every effort to protect the privacy of email information. All of our employees must use password-protected screen savers whether they are working in the office, hospital or their home office. However, due to the possibility of technical problems, we cannot guarantee the security of all emails.Your use of email is an acknowledgement of this insecurity and your acceptance of the risk.
OAS may forward email messages as needed for diagnosis, treatment, and reimbursement. OAS will not pass on the email to others without your prior consent. Because some medical information is sensitive and the privacy of email is not guaranteed, you should not use email for communications about sensitive information. Some examples are protected diagnoses (such as mental health conditions or substance abuse problems), information about HIV/AIDS, and workers’ compensation injuries.
Do not send financial information, credit card numbers, checking account numbers, or any similar information to Outpatient Anesthesia Services by email. We will not ask you for this information by email. Any email supposedly from Outpatient Anesthesia Services asking for credit card or checking account information is fraudulent. Please let us know if you receive such an email.
It is your duty to protect your password or other means of access to email sent or received from OAS. OAS is not responsible for breaches of confidentiality caused by the patient.
You may withdraw consent to the use of email at any time by email or written communication with OAS. Your signature below or by clicking “I Agree” in the E-Waiver Authorization email allows Outpatient Anesthesia Services to contact you via email and/or text.
"We've carefully crafted our mission, vision and values to accurately reflect the culture of who we are. We believe this effort will provide an anesthesia experience that is well rounded on both a clinical and relational level, serving both our patients and our clients with the highest standards of care, compassion and service. It is my commitment that your interactions with our providers are consistent with those values, no matter who you work with."
Grant Diggles, CEO | Outpatient Anesthesia Services
333 S State st.
Lake oswego, or 97034
Patient BILLING QUESTIONS?
P: 517-787-6440 ext 4332